Thursday, June 12, 2008

Naked, and They Felt No Shame

There's been a clamor (1 email) for more posts. So a couple snatches.

At one point this morning while I was making some trips in and out, I came to the screen door and Callie greeted me. She held up a very soaked pull-up with a gesture that clearly meant, "Here, you take it. It's passed the point of usefulness." Wondering from where this early Father's Day present came, I lifted Callie's pajama dress and found . . . well, you can imagine what I didn't find there. That's right, a pull-up.

In fact, while Callie hated to be undressed in China, America has tipped her the other way. There have been several times when I've been in the kitchen and I hear Sara's voice down the hallway begin to yell, "Hey, come back here. We're not done." I then hear the rapid patter of little feet and soon see my youngest rounding the corner of the kitchen naked from the waist down (and sometimes also naked from the waist up). We all get a charge out of it.

No comments: