Monday, June 30, 2008

Nighttime Is Still a Challenge

Perhaps I sound like a broken record, but I'll say again that Callie is doing really well. We are pleased with the transition. She loves to play outside, she loves to dance to Caty's CDs, she loves to play peek-a-boo, she loves to chase Ryans' dog, she loves to play with Leah and Aza, and the list goes on and on.

But the nighttimes still prove difficult. While for a few nights she slept through, that hasn't happened in a while. She's up 3, 4, 5 times a night, and rare is the time when she allows me to comfort her. So Sara is quite tired (though I think God is giving her extra energy, because she's not quite as falling-down-tired as I would expect).

We are seeking wisdom. Letting her learn to cry it out seems a difficult option since Caty and Anna sleep in the same room with her.

Church bike ride yesterday. Sara, Anna, Callie, and I represented 4 of the 12 who did the ride. Great weather. We cut out after a few miles and biked up to Sara's brother's house for pleasant conversation on their front porch. The weather was front-porch perfect.

We went to dessert this evening with Sara's brother's family as well. Ice cream at Cold Stone--a rare treat!

We do enjoy having both Sara's brother and my brother within walking distance.

No comments: